One more post for the day!
Well, this entry is slighty different, I'm not going to talk about Maths here. Have anyone heard of this song "Don't laugh at me"? It is an extremely meaningful song.
Take a close look at the lyrics...
I'm a little boy with glasses
The one they call the geek
A little girl who never smiles
'Cause I've got braces on my teeth
And I know how it feels
To cry myself to sleep
I'm that kid on every playground
Who's always chosen last
A single teenage mother
Tryin' to overcome my past
You don't have to be my friend
But is it too much to ask
Don't laugh at me
Don't call me names
Don't get your pleasure from my pain
In God's eyes we're all the same
Someday we'll all have perfect wings
Don't laugh at me
I'm the cripple on the corner
You've passed me on the street
And I wouldn't be out here beggin'
If I had enough to eat
And don't think I don't notice
That our eyes never meet
I lost my wife and little boy when
Someone cross that yellow line
The day we laid them in the ground
Is the day I lost my mind
And right now I'm down to holdin' This little cardboard sign...so
Don't laugh at me
Don't call me names
Don't get your pleasure from my pain
In God's eyes we're all the same
Someday we'll all have perfect wings
Don't laugh at me
I'm fat, I'm thin, I'm short, I'm tall
I'm deaf, I'm blind, hey, aren't we all
Don't laugh at me
Don't call me names
Don't get your pleasure from my pain
In God's eyes we're all the same
Someday we'll all have perfect wings
Don't laugh at me
Here's the video.
Listen to the song as you read through the lyrics.
I would like to share with you my personal opinion. Now, no one is perfect in this world. We all have different flaws. For some of us, we are slightly more fortunate as we are able to hide our flaws. On the other hand, some of our friends are slightly less fortunate as their flaws are shown to all at first sight. However, they are still as significant and important as any other person. But why are they frequently being laughed at or looked down on? Put yourself in his/her shoes... how would you feel? How would you want others to see you?
I do not think they deserve such attitudes from others. Like what i mentioned earlier on, they should be treated equally and fairly. This also mean that they should be given equal chances to make friends and mingle with everyone. They should have the opportunity to play and work with others, not alone.
Some of us may think... there's no one who is physically disabled in 2e2, hence this entry does not concern them. I do not fully agree with that. Though all of you are very lucky to have a well-functioned body each, there's still imperfection in each of you, including me and there's usually something that we do not like about ourselves. For instance, the height, the weight, the psle grade, the eyes, the hair, the family, the scars on their legs etc. When your friends joke about this feature of yours, how would you feel? I know most of you do not mean harm when you tease your friend, however, i would like you to think before you joke about your friend. He may laugh it off together with you but feel hurt inside. So please be very careful about this. I'm sure by now, you know i hate namecallings. I see this as a form of bullying as well. Read through the lyrics again and constantly remind yourself not to be a bully in any form.
Of course, please understand that i am not accusing anyone of being a bully here. I just hope to bring this issue out to you and hopefully, you will do some reflections. I do not know if you feel the same as me, but i really feel upset when i see one being bullied by others in any form. Upset because [1] one is victimised and hurt, [2] the others are not sensitive and mature enough to think before they act.
Last but not least, i would like to invite you to post a comment regarding what i have written. It need not be politically correct as i would just like to hear your stories or point of views. However, please do not mention any other person's name. Thank you!
Remember, this is OUR blog, not mine. So, make some constructive noise now!
Well, this entry is slighty different, I'm not going to talk about Maths here. Have anyone heard of this song "Don't laugh at me"? It is an extremely meaningful song.
Take a close look at the lyrics...
I'm a little boy with glasses
The one they call the geek
A little girl who never smiles
'Cause I've got braces on my teeth
And I know how it feels
To cry myself to sleep
I'm that kid on every playground
Who's always chosen last
A single teenage mother
Tryin' to overcome my past
You don't have to be my friend
But is it too much to ask
Don't laugh at me
Don't call me names
Don't get your pleasure from my pain
In God's eyes we're all the same
Someday we'll all have perfect wings
Don't laugh at me
I'm the cripple on the corner
You've passed me on the street
And I wouldn't be out here beggin'
If I had enough to eat
And don't think I don't notice
That our eyes never meet
I lost my wife and little boy when
Someone cross that yellow line
The day we laid them in the ground
Is the day I lost my mind
And right now I'm down to holdin' This little cardboard sign...so
Don't laugh at me
Don't call me names
Don't get your pleasure from my pain
In God's eyes we're all the same
Someday we'll all have perfect wings
Don't laugh at me
I'm fat, I'm thin, I'm short, I'm tall
I'm deaf, I'm blind, hey, aren't we all
Don't laugh at me
Don't call me names
Don't get your pleasure from my pain
In God's eyes we're all the same
Someday we'll all have perfect wings
Don't laugh at me
Here's the video.
Listen to the song as you read through the lyrics.
I would like to share with you my personal opinion. Now, no one is perfect in this world. We all have different flaws. For some of us, we are slightly more fortunate as we are able to hide our flaws. On the other hand, some of our friends are slightly less fortunate as their flaws are shown to all at first sight. However, they are still as significant and important as any other person. But why are they frequently being laughed at or looked down on? Put yourself in his/her shoes... how would you feel? How would you want others to see you?
I do not think they deserve such attitudes from others. Like what i mentioned earlier on, they should be treated equally and fairly. This also mean that they should be given equal chances to make friends and mingle with everyone. They should have the opportunity to play and work with others, not alone.
Some of us may think... there's no one who is physically disabled in 2e2, hence this entry does not concern them. I do not fully agree with that. Though all of you are very lucky to have a well-functioned body each, there's still imperfection in each of you, including me and there's usually something that we do not like about ourselves. For instance, the height, the weight, the psle grade, the eyes, the hair, the family, the scars on their legs etc. When your friends joke about this feature of yours, how would you feel? I know most of you do not mean harm when you tease your friend, however, i would like you to think before you joke about your friend. He may laugh it off together with you but feel hurt inside. So please be very careful about this. I'm sure by now, you know i hate namecallings. I see this as a form of bullying as well. Read through the lyrics again and constantly remind yourself not to be a bully in any form.
Of course, please understand that i am not accusing anyone of being a bully here. I just hope to bring this issue out to you and hopefully, you will do some reflections. I do not know if you feel the same as me, but i really feel upset when i see one being bullied by others in any form. Upset because [1] one is victimised and hurt, [2] the others are not sensitive and mature enough to think before they act.
Last but not least, i would like to invite you to post a comment regarding what i have written. It need not be politically correct as i would just like to hear your stories or point of views. However, please do not mention any other person's name. Thank you!
Remember, this is OUR blog, not mine. So, make some constructive noise now!

4 Comments:
Well i do agree with you. it really feels bad when you are being bullied and teased due to the imperfect parts of one's body or physical features.I do noe this cuz i was bullied by my so-called friends back in my country.Well in fact i do see somebody really pitiful being bullied in our class i hope they would really stop this insolent business.
You know, you just have to be a do-not-care kind of guy. Every bad/mean remarks/comments given to you by other guys just ignore it. The more you get irritated by it, the more they will irritate you and they also get enjoyment from it. And if you have any imperfection/scars don't hide it. The more you hide it, the more curious they/we get. So, just show it, and anyway, what's the big deal?
Frits~
Both Thomas and Frits mentioned some good points. What goes around may just come around one day, so if you do not want to end up in a being-teased state, then dont push others into such states.
Can i hear more from the others? I know many of you visited the blog but did not leave any comments. Why not voice out now?
Everyone must be treated equally ,
The ones suffering shouldnt care about what others' opinion are ,
So what if you are disabled ?
The disabled have stronger determination than non-disabled people .
They have a kind of spirit which many of us dont have !
Sometimes along the streets ,
You may see some people ,
Maybe missing a leg or hand ,
Or cant see or talk .
They need our help ,
I know most people will think ,
Who cares about them ?
They are just a bunch of idiots trying to win our sympathy .
They are cheaters , liars , bunch of silly conmen thinking that we will believe them and give them money .
NO !
It's only a few cents ,
I know everyone got enough to spare .
So what if they are conmen ?
They got their families to feed !
I've seen poor and innocent people being bullied ,
Beaten up and also threatened .
Im always the one standing in a corner ,
Watching them being bullied helplessly ,
And cant do anything to help .
Well people in our class are also being bullied ,
I do not wish to say out his/her name ,
As many people know who is him/her .
For the people out there ,
SHOW YOUR TALENTS !
Dont care about others' comments or opinions .
Just be yourself and dont hide your real self and put on a fake mask .
(:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home